You are sent to investigate the Haunted Mansion outside of town. While nearly all of the rooms on the 1st and 2nd floor are locked you can complete this mission without the Locksmith skill, due to the abundance of the Rusty, Copper and Silver Key items (which all have the skill on them automatically). Proceed to the locked room in the far northwest of the 2nd floor to retrieve a small crystal ball. Return to the ground floor, just north of the entrance to find a heavily locked room. Unlock the 2 padlocks and door (using either a character's Locksmith skill, or some of the Rusty Keys). Once inside examine the portrait painting and insert the crystal ball to reveal a ladder.
Take the ladder into the underground chambers and proceed northwest from the ladder through the catacombs to the northeast section of the underground. Unlock the most northern door (character's Locksmith skill or the Silver Key) and fight the necromancer enemy and his minions.
Number of turns: 400
The Mansion consists of 2 floors of interconnected corridors and rooms and an underground series of chambers (all with lots of locked doors). If you do not have the Locksmith skill, there are exactly enough Rusty Keys to unlock all the doors in the mansion (Once a Rusty key is used it will break and disappear) and the Copper and Silver Keys can unlock the necessary doors underground.
There are 3 locked Treasure Rooms underground (Locksmith or Copper Key), each with 3 high level chests inside (usually locked and with traps).
The Haunted Mansion has a series of Forbidden elements, with the underground also having access to additional Water elements during battle.
- Undead (boss)
- Rusty Key - Unique item containing the Locksmith skill. Scattered around the 1st and 2nd floors.
- Copper Key - Unique Copper item containing the Locksmith skill. In the southwest room of the 2nd floor.
- Silver Key - Unique Silver item containing the Locksmith skill. Dropped by the Sabre Tiger, far east of the 1st floor.
- Magic Tablet - In one of the northeast Treasure rooms' chests
- 9 High Level Treasure Chests - 3 locked treasure rooms in the underground basement, each with 3 chests in
- This is the only location to find the various Keys, which all have the Locksmith skill, and can be used in any other quest, or in Blacksmithing.
- The Sabre Tiger enemy on the right hand side of the ground floor is a powerful foe capable of sparking various high level Arts. As you can leave the mansion at any point it can be a good, quick place to learn a variety of attacks.