SaGa 2: Hihou Densetsu: Goddess of Destiny (サガ2秘宝伝説 GODDESS OF DESTINY, SaGa2: The Treasure Legend: Goddess of Destiny) is a role-playing game released in 2009 for the Nintendo DS exclusively in Japan. The game is a remake of Final Fantasy Legend II, featuring full 3D cel-shaded graphics, all new artwork by Gen Kobayashi and arranged soundtrack by Kenji Ito.
Aside from new graphics, this version also adds new features:
- Reworked script, which adds events and NPCs to the main quest
- A few name changes, like the Magi now being referred as Relics and the Opium/Bananas being now referred as Black Market Goods
- Battles don't occur randomly anymore; you can now see enemies on the field, much like in later SaGa games
- The characters' stat growth is now less randomized
- A new relationship system, which allow characters to create combos during battle
- New side-quests involving the newly introduced muses and goddesses, as well as an arena where the player can obtain various rare items and equipment
This game was never released stateside, but it later received a fan-translation by Crimson Nocturnal .