|Unlimited Saga Character|
- Judy's Scenario: Playable Character, he joins the party during the final battle.
- Kurt's Scenario: Playable Character, joins the party after Kurt enters his magic store in Sadovos.
- Mythe's Scenario: Cameo, he TRIES to research the gauntlet of Michelle, but he doesn't help much.
Josef owns and runs the Magick Emporium in Sadovos. He is the grandfather of Judy, Marie and Roy, and father of Rebecca. He has strong magical power and has accumulated many artifacts over his years studying the arcance arts. He has a pre-existing acquaintance with both Clyde Blackstorm and Yun Crimsonrain though not much is known about the history of their relationships. In Judy's quest Josef is trapped inside a mirror by Clyde who is after a special power.
In Kurt's quest, Josef is fascinated by the gauntlet and wants to learn more about it. Similary to what happens in Mythe's scenario, but there Mythe is far more decisive.
Josef has very little LP but with his Arcane Tongue panel and 3 Magic Tablets is it no doubt he excels at Magic, especially Fire and Earth. He also has a high Skill stat, should the player wish for him to defend himself. He should be wielding a Bow or Dagger, should this be the case. He is extremely frail, so try to keep him at the back of the current action lineup, to make him less of a target.
Initial Growth Panel
|Weapon||Bestial Staff: Carnelian, 15 ATK, 50 DUR|
|Accessory||Bestial Armlet: Opal, 30 DUR|
|Accessory||Bestial Armlet: Ravenite, 30 DUR|
|Body||Topaz Mail: 15 DEF|
|Leggings||Socks: Cotton, 1 DEF|
|Hit Points||480||Weight||31 kg|
For all the lines to listen to, go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7576d5h8sis#t=4m03s
- He is the only party member who is forced into the player's party at any time, who joins just before Judy's final boss battle.
- He's the shortest party member, but likely this is due to his age.
- His Holy Seal spell likely was given to him since the start to make him of any use during Judy's final battle.
According to the game guide, the magic tablet of the forbidden spell in the game is the same thing as that Clyde has been seeking for. In other word, the forbidden spell really exists. That doesn't match Josef's words, "that kind of spell have never existed". He suggests that every magic tablet can become the forbidden one. It may confirm his words that almost all Lv.4 magic tablets have some forbidden magic.
According to the game guide, an effect of Josef's defensive art depends on a target's magical strength and a comprehensive ability. That's the reason why Thomas without magical ability was transported further than Judy who could use magic.