|Location(s)||Melvir, Aurefont, Altours|
|Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song Character|
- Gray's Scenario: Main character
- Other Scenarios: Playable character, recruitable from Melvir, Aurefont or Altours
Note: Recruiting Gray unlocks Northpoint, Uso, Crystal City, Altours, Yeoville, North Estamir, Isthmus, Melvir, Loban, Bruelle, Aurefont and Jelton. Unlocking him can be challenging, as the only easy way to make ventures between Melvir and Aurefont, is to recruit Claudia, whom always shows up with Gray anyway. There is an option to unlock Melvir by going from Rosalia to the Dry Lands, but that poses other problems.
|Hands||Leather Gloves||Feet||Leather Boots|
Gray has above-average stat growth in nearly all areas, with an average HP growth and below-average Endurance and Willpower.
Unlike the other playable main characters who have specifically specialized stats, Gray's customization potential is vast and he can enter into any combat niche and not suffer for it.
Gray's only flaw is his lackluster LP count. While he isn't the easiest character to kill, his delicate defenses cripple him in long-stretches and quests with multiple bosses. Given this, good Armor is highly recommended for him.
Background and Story
Gray, Galahad and Myriam start out Gray's adventure on Ligau Isle in the hopes of finding treasure. Eventually, he finds an ancient sword called Falcata in the Plains near Jelton. The sword is able to talk and asks Gray to restore it by tempering it with certain materials at a blacksmith. When Gray does as it requests, the once rusty sword is transformed into the mighty Demonbrand.
In Imperial SaGa
Gray's magic choices are Light and Dark magic.
|Rank||Weapon||HP||Attack||Defense||Speed||Starting Waza||Get On|
|General||Foil||247||25||21||21||None||Missions and Race|
|Emperor||Big Sword||422||37||30||30||Drop Cut||Race|
|MS Emperor||Sword||435||42||30||30||Cross slash||Race|
Gray has an nice stat distribution, he is both strong and nimble, and has an average defense.Also, he can use both light and darkness, meaning that he can up both allies's attack and defense with Dark Sword and Sword Barrier, which is great.If you can't get Hector, try getting Gray, since he is more versatile.
Minstrel Song Gray is quite strong, perhaps the strongest sword user in the game, since he is stronger than future MS Albert(probably will be another sword user).
- Gray is the only character aside from Albert to undergo an outfit change upon completing his unique quest. After Gray has tamed the Demonbrand, a design reminiscent of a tear-drop will permanently embed itself onto the bottom-front of Gray's suit.
- Gray is the only character that can trigger the "Voice of the Blade" quest after tempering the Falcata. Although other main characters can pick up the Falcata in the Treasure Cave and temper it, they will not be able to trigger the "Voice of the Blade" quest.
- Gray was featured in the A-Lim mobile game Brave Frontier as part of a crossover promotion. His appearance is based on his original design.
|Main characters||Albert - Aisha - Jamil - Claudia - Hawke - Sif - Gray - Barbara|
|Playable characters||Darque/Aldora - Brau - Capt. Silver - Theodore - Diana - Dowd - Dragon Knight - Farah - Frielei - Galahad - Gian - Guella Ha - Herman - Myriam - Neidhart - Patrick - Raphael - Red Mage - Sylvan - The Minstrel|
|Non-playable characters||The Elemental Lords - Constance - Lady Flammar - Lord Heinrich - Eule - Monica - Gato - Marina|
|Villains||Saruin - Minions - Duke Loban - Butcher - Ifrit|
|Mardias||Dry Lands - Rosalia - Bafal Empire - Ligau Isle - Walon Isle - Kjaraht - Frontier - Knights Dominion - Valhalland - Coral Sea - Faerie's Grove|