|Unlimited Saga Character|
Francis is a playable character from Unlimited Saga. He's an ex-Knight and a great Melee user. He has high stats all round, except in magic.
- Laura's Scenario: Playable Character, he'll join in Vaftom.
- Ventus' Scenario: Playable and Optional Character, joins when undertaking a Carrier Quest from Longshank to Zomar.
When Henri decides to travel with Laura instead of Galeos after reading the books in the Vaftom mausoleum, Galeos assigns Francis to watch over Henri and send correspondence with information about Henri's travels.
Laura accuses Francis of being a spy for Galeos, but Francis is unaware of Galeos's manipulation of Henri, and claims that he is keeping Galeos informed because Galeos is close to the royal family of which Henri is the only surviving member.
After Henri collects the Elemental Gears and gives them, along with the Blade of Escata, to Galeos, Galeos reveals that he was manipulating Henri to obtain the blade's power. Francis decides that his loyalty lies with Henri before Galeos.
Francis accompanies Henri to Nakle Lines to attempt to stop Galeos, where Galeos summons Chaos only to fall to Henri and be absorbed into Chaos. Francis assists Laura in defeating Chaos alongside Henri.
If the player loses the fight to Dagul Bos, Francis and the rest of Laura's party will end up fighting Dagul Bos at Nakle Lines instead of Basil Galeos.
In Ventus's scenario he appears at the beggining of the carrier mission and together with Ventus they go and catch the carriers that stole Basil Galeos' items. This recruitment is special since without a guide, not many players would figure out to do this carrier mission of all the possibilities and also because it's at the end not at all explained why Francis stays in the team.
Francis is built for Melee Arts that output the maximum damage possible. His high stats, high LP and low magic ability are ideal for tanking damage. His initial Growth Panel needs some work to maximize damage output (adding Axe and Melee panels) but the presence of a Shield Panel is a bonus.
Initial Growth Panel
|Weapon||Stone Spear: Marcasite, 37 ATK, 50 DUR|
|Weapon||Copper Sword: 32 ATK, 55 DUR|
|Body||Leahter Suit: Fur, 9 DEF|
|Leggings||Clogs: Cedar, 2 DEF|
|Hit Points||164||Weight||82 kg|
- First battle (Laura's Scenario) “Your Highness, Please, allow me.”
- First battle (Ventus'es Scenario) “I’ll teach you a lesson.”
- New monster “You’ll never know an enemies true power until you face it.”
- Fight won (easy) “I must find stronger enemies.”
- Fight won (personal) “There, That’ll do.”
- Fight won (someone else) "Thank you everyone!"
- Death (someone else) “I will not let you die in vain!”
- 5 Hit combo (initiate) “I could do this myself but...”
- 5 Hit combo (middle) “Come on!”
- 5 Hit combo (end) “Ha, that was a good fight.”
- Hiddle encounter “You seem a worthy opponent.”
- Final battle (Laura's Scenario) “I never thought I'd raise my sword to YOU."
- Final battle (Ventus'es Scenario) ????
- Spring trap: "Look out!"
- Evade trap: "That trap was too easy."
- Hurt by trap: "Take the pain!"
- Skill attempt: "I shall prevail"
- Skill failure: "Give me another chance!"
- Skill success: "Action is stronger than words!"
For all the lines to listen to, go here:
- Francis is quite special considering that regardless of being a secondary character, he did visit Nakle Lines with Basil Galeos. Also he does appear during Laura's ending.
- Francis's battle quote against Chaos in Laura's story implies he may have knowledge as to the origins of Chaos, the game's final boss. However, he may have been referring to the power of The Seven Wonders, rather than Chaos specifically, at the time.