|Unlimited Saga Character|
Anzan is a playable character from Unlimited Saga. He's the only Petran who's seen throughout the game. He's special since he has the highest LP in the game with 22, but he is also the heaviest character.
- Laura's Scenario: Playable Character, he'll join during the Earth Elemental Gear quest.
- Ruby's Scenario: Playable and Optional Character, he'll join when Ruby undertakes the exploration of the Nakle Lines.
In Laura's story, the Petran tribe was given the task of guarding the Earth Elemental Gear, the Chestplate of Behemoth. When Prince Henri comes to the Petran tribe looking for the Elemental Gears, Anzan is chosen to guide the Prince through the Cavern of Murals. Anzan guides him safely through and assists in the battle with the Kummi within to procure the Chestplate of Behemoth.
Afterward, Anzan vows to accompany the Prince on his journey to uncover the secrets of the Blade of Escata. He stays with Prince Henri until the end, helping him take down Basil Galeos, Dagul Bos, and Chaos.
In Ruby's scenario he seems to be present in front of the Nakle Lines, where he encounters Ruby. They get into an argument on what's more important: Offense or Defense. Without explanation, he stays in the team.
At 150 kg Anzan is by far the heaviest character in the game; thus making him impossible to rescue if downed. Due to his weight he is slow and will always go last in battle. Anzan's stats however, are built against him. High Endurance, but low Strength and Skill means he'll block status ailments but not damage and thus suffer LP breaks often, even with the Shield Panel. His Earth magic is good but it lies inbetween his Strength and Skill panels, meaning you must sacrifice one for the other.
Initial Growth Panel
|Accessory||Bestial Armlet: Topaz, 50 DUR|
|Hit Points||314||Weight||150 kg|
- First battle (Laura's Scenario) “Petrans always keep their promises, Put your mind at ease prince.”
- First battle (Ruby's Scenario) “I am here for defense.”
- New monster “A more difficult foe.”
- Fight won (????) “Defense was the key.”
- Slime encounter “A Formidable foe.”
- Final battle (Laura's Scenario) “Beasts of all shapes and sizes walk the Earth, yet this one is somehow different.”
- Final battle (Ruby's Scenario) “I will stand my ground.”
For all the lines to listen to, go here:
- Since Anzan is the only Petran we ever see, both his gender and the fact if all Petrans are as obsessed over Defense as him, is left unanswered.
- Anzan is the heaviest character in the game. This makes him incredibly slow and impossible to rescue if he is knocked out.