"Wil accepts a job prospecting for ore in the Svendorf Mines".
Despite giving advice not to, profit hungry investors begin digging for Ore in the nearby mines. You go to investigate the stories of cave-ins and monster attacks.
(* If there are less than 3 hitherto completed scenarios on the world map)
After speaking with your client leave and head to Westia. Enter the inn to speak to some familiar faces; upon hearing Narcisse's account of monster attacks, recruit your party and return to the Svendorf Mines.
As you approach the mine entrance you learn of a group of missing miners, totalling 5, which you need to find. Begin heading east through the mines and you should find four of the miners hidden in plain sight, barely obscured by ladders, rocks, or not at all.
The final miner is more difficult to find as you cannot see him at all. There is a large intersection of paths with 3 sets of Ore buckets, as well as a stack of wooden beams guarded by 3 Gremlins. The miner is hidden behind the stack of beams.
Note: You many have climbed down the ladder into the little underground chamber. You will see a chest floating in the water, but it is impossible to reach at the moment. You can only access this treasure when you return to the mines during At the Mines (Collapse).
After you have located all the miners you will need to head to where you first spoke with the miner client. You will notice there has been a cave in allowing hordes of monsters to enter the mines. Fight your way towards the opening, and be on the lookout for the unique battle option "Close In".
When you select the "Close In" option, the character selected will rush forward and face one final Gremlin in a 1-on-1 fight. Defeat the monster to seal the opening, then leave the mines in peace.
- Wil Knights - Default character
- Cordelia - Recruit from Westia Inn
- Narcisse - Recruit from Westia Inn
- Tyler - Recruit from Westia Inn
- Blue Ore - Water Tool, Water (2 SP), increase Heat defence
- Green Ore - Tree Tool, Wood (2 SP), increase defence against status ailments
- Red Ore - Flame Tool, Flame (2 SP), increase Cold defence
- Gremlin - 480 HP, 2 LP, weak Rock enemy, vulnerable to all status ailments
- This is one of the only none-town locations in the game that you will actullay visit more than once.
- It is impossible to reach the floating chest until you return here during At the Mines (Collapse).
- Make sure to check all the glowing buckets of Ore as many will give you items upon inspection.